Friday, March 7, 2008

Toh'ra sketches and re-designs


In this one I re-did her face, which I wanted to be longer and more like a wild cat. (I drew the cat head on this page from a picture of an Arabian wildcat.) Translated her front view into a profile as well. And I did little drawing of Chou above Toh'ra's head, just to see if they looked good together. Which I think they do, more so now than before. ^_^

Here, since Toh'ra is a dancer, I did some dance poses. Usually she uses her moves to attack people, so I had to think of ones that could do some serious damage. I did some research on belly dance and all that, but I couldn't find much of the traditional stuff. Mostly just American versions, which are way too feminine and weak for a character like Toh'ra. Her dances need to have power and raw energy!
An update to her costume. She still needs more dangly and jingly things! Also did a quick sketch of just some random dancer lady. It's not a very strong pose, so I probably won't use it for Toh'ra. At the bottom of the page: Toh'ra's wind-up and attack! Just to see how these moves flow.

That's it for now! (>_<)/

No comments: