Friday, February 29, 2008

Ze Mochi


Well this is the most recent and current version of Mochi, in ink. I used the dreaded inking pens again, and I hate to say it but not only am I getting used to them, I'm starting to see their advantages. No need for a big container of water to wash the inking brush, for one thing. And it's just more portable. Oh well, I'll still always love you, inking brushes. ^_^

This was actually originally just supposed to be a sketch, but it got so dirty that I had to ink to get any sort of clarity. And it's so annoying, no matter what softness of lead I use to sketch with, I always end up with pencil marks that I have to erase on the computer. This was done with 6B (which would explain why it got so dirty, at least >_>) and still I couldn't erase every mark off my paper. It must be the way I use it or something...

I'll be coloring this at some point, but at the moment I have so many pictures in progress that it will be put on hold for the time being.

(In case you were wondering, the stuff between her thumb and forefinger is fire. No, really.)

No comments: