Monday, February 25, 2008

Mini comic


This is the beginnings of a mini comic that I'm working on. It's using two of my old, old characters, re-vamped a bit. This is pretty much what I had planned for them, so really I'm just taking a story that I wrote a while ago and drawing it now. It's very interesting. It almost feels like I'm doing a commission for someone, like it's not actually my own.

In any case, the main idea behind this one page mini comic is just a magical girl parody.

Using lilac, I sketched out the panels and the basic things that would happen inside of them. Then on a new layer, I drew out the borders in black. This is my lines layer. Back on the rough sketch layer, I used a darker purple to draw out the details of all the panels. I've just started inking the top panel in black (on the lines layer) - this will be what it finally looks like. The text and word balloons are in different colors, so I can read them better. I'll probably end up using the type tool to write out the words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a well organized sketch!

I think it's bloody HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...And your backgrounds are AMAZING!!!

Usagi Chan said...

Heheheheh thanks. I was worried it was too concise.