Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stage 1 - inking


I'm planning on coloring a sketch that I made a while ago. Meet chaos butterfly, a cute little spirit that will be used as a killing MACHINE in my mmorpg. XD

Anyway, this is the first stage of the coloring. I inked with a tablet, which I still have to fiddle around with because I'm not happy with the lines I get. Even though they're at the sharpest, the lines aren't sharp enough! >_< You can see that I'm not completely done, I still have to fix up some lines.

This is why I much prefer inking on paper, with real ink. It gets the right look, and you've only got one chance to make the line. No undo, no eraser. -_-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOAH HEY really awesome lines!!! Can't wait to see the rest of it. OMG the butterfly of my nightmares!!!!!!

Usagi Chan said...

Heh heh heh. ^o^ The butterfly itself isn't evil, it just depends on the player who uses it. Which is almost worse. >_>