Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Purple Skirt is Done!

I did a slip stitch on the hem...


...and attached a snap button.


It is now done! It fits me perfectly. I don't think I have a better fitted skirt than this one. It falls nicely and I can wear it over pants no problem - it doesn't ride up the sides or get stuck to the fabric of the pants. Now that this one is done, my mom requested one in the same style for herself! So I'll be working on that and...



This skirt that I got at a thrift shop for 3 bucks.



It has a high waist, and I'm going to turn it into a hipster skirt. (one that sits on the hips instead of choking the waist). Here is the plan. I'll take off the zipper and set it aside for later. Then I'll cut off the first decorative ribbon trim that is serving as a waistband, to about 2cm above the second ribbon. I'll lift the ribbon and turn the fabric under, then sew the ribbon back on, making a new waistband. The second ribbon trim happens to be at the perfect level, so it should fit well by the time I'm done. That's what I'm hoping anyway. (>_>);

No comments: