Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shirt Project complete!

Seen here on an old dressmaker's mannequin that was rescued from the trash. 

The neck was too tight to fit over my head, so I made a small "V" in the front. I first zig-zag stitched the shape with the sewing machine so that it wouldn't fray, and then went to work with the scissors.


The side. The dragon sort of wraps around. 

The back, with the zipper in place. Sewing something as unbending as a zipper onto something as slippery and stretchy as T-shirt material is something I wont be doing again in a hurry. But, it worked out fine in the end. 

You can also see that I cut the back of the sleeves, because they poked out in a weird way. Now there's ventilation.


3/4 view on the other side, just because. I'm actually amazed at how tailored the shirt looks, as what I did was essentially just one big huge dart in the back. 

(See shirt in progress here or just look below.)

No comments: