Thursday, May 1, 2008


Here is that princess on acetate that I was working on earlier. Unfortunately, the pic of the coloring in progress didn't turn out, so I'm just posting the final version.


For those of you interested in the technique, here it is. I started with a sketch of the princess, with a basic idea of what the background was. I did this for a contest (which I probably wont win because they'll most likely pick a fan art piece instead of an original art, something that I only found out about after I finished this picture and am infuriated about but anyway...) so I had a basic theme to think about. Then I put the sketch under acetate and inked it with india ink. I had to flip the sketch so that she would come out facing the right direction in the end. Then I used an exact-o knife to cut various origami and Japanese wrapping papers to the right shape and pasted them onto a sheet of hemp paper that I taped onto the underneath of the acetate. I also used some acrylics to make a water color look.

Hey, we hit 200 posts 2 posts ago! Woot!

No comments: