Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Butterfly with color

Well, here he is with some color. This is just blocked in, I haven't smoothed it out yet, or added shadows or highlights, except for a little bit on the body. I'm not too fond of the green color on the wings, so I think I'll color in something different. Also, I find his eyes are too dark.

I looked at some pictures of butterflies for color reference for the wings. There's a certain way that colors interact on butterfly wings, and I wasn't getting it right until I looked at some photos. Originally, the dark brown was supposed to be red, but it took over the whole picture. It also made him look like a fire elemental rather than a wind elemental, which he is.

Anyway, I'll post the finished picture tomorrow, as long as I don't find things wrong with it that will take forever to fix.

No comments: